This muffin recipe is very light and moist. The whole wheat, honey, raisins and walnuts makes it a great snack or breakfast I feel good about giving my family. Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
- heaping 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (or up to 2) teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, depending on how spicy you like it
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350.
Cover raisins with hot water for several minutes. Drain and dry on a paper towel.
In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, powder, soda and salt. Make a well in the center and put in the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil and honey. Mix just until the dry ingredients are absorbed.
Stir in raisins and walnuts. Spoon batter into muffin tin, greased or lined with paper liners. Bake for 20 minutes and cool in the pan. Better yet, slice one open, smear on butter and enjoy while warm. Yum!